Banana Bread With Hemp Seed + Wattleseed
Simple and nutritious banana bread. A great way to use old bananas.
Print Recipe Nutritional Info
Banana bread with Hemp + Wattleseed
Amount Per Serving
Calories 2899 Calories from Fat 981
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 35g219%
Vitamin A 2669IU53%
Vitamin C 21mg25%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Melted butter or vegan equivalent to grease pan
- 1 ¾ cups Self raising flour
- ¼ cup Plain flour
- ½ cup Balance (Hemp seed + Wattleseed)
- 1 tbsp Balance (Hemp seed + Wattleseed) for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup Brown sugar
- 2 Bananas (mashed) the riper the better
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten) (use egg substitute powder or an extra banana for vegan)
- ½ cup Milk, soy milk or almond milk
- 50 g Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease an 11 x 21cm loaf pan with butter or vegan equivalent. Line the pan with one piece of non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang to make it easier to remove from pan.
- Sift the combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs, milk, and melted butter, and stir until well combined.
- Mash bananas and add them to to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 10 mins, remove and sprikle with 1 tbsp Balance (Hemp seed + Wattleseed)
- Bake for a further 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from over and allow to cool in the pan for 5 mins, then remove from pan and place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.