Hemp + Celery Soup
A delicious and healthy soup that only takes about half an hour to make!
Print Recipe Nutritional Info
Hemp And Celery Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Vitamin A 794IU16%
Vitamin C 35mg42%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 head of celery (thinly chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes chopped into 1-2 cm chunks
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock (or stock cubes and 4 cups of water)
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (do not use if you don't like it spicy)
- 2 tbsp Byron Bay Labs Nourish (Hemp Protein)
- 4 tsp Byron Bay Labs Balance (Hemp Seed + Wattleseed)
- ½ cup parsley chopped (you may want to add other herbs to your taste)
- 4 tbsp sour cream, yogurt, or cashew cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat, add the onion, stirring occasionally, letting the onions get translucent golden (approx 5 mins)
- While the onions are cooking, rough chop the garlic, whole celery (including leaves) and potatoes. When the onions are translucent golden, add the garlic and stir 1-2 minutes, being careful not to overcook them. Add the chopped celery, potatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add water until it just covers the veggies. Put a lid on it and bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer gently until potatoes are soft, (about 10 minutes)
- Stir through Nourish Hemp Protein Powder
- Turn off the heat and remove the bay leaves. Then add the parsley and any other herbs.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth, being careful not to splatter yourself (it's very hot). If you use a traditional blender, wait for it to cool a little and blend in batches. Warning: if it's too hot, the heat will cause air in the blender to expand and blow the lid off.
- If you plan on eating the soup later you can put it in container and refrigerate until your ready.
- Heat gently (overcooking with ruin the colour) and stir through the cream, yogurt or nut cream.
- Put it into bowls and sprinkle with Balance hemp seed + Wattleseed (or Thrive hemp seed)